The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A guide in making cheese and setting price...

+2
Lord Arogandor
Baron von Glasenapp
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A guide in making cheese and setting price... Empty A guide in making cheese and setting price...

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:58 pm

Greetings townfolk,

Making cheese is a very difficult thing, not only do you need about 30 bottles of milk and make yourself a chees curdle (wood, steal ounce, hides)... you'll need to stamp it for like 4 days in a row (if you are noob cheesmaker).

After that, it needs about 7 days to mature...

I'll report here how much cheese that will give me in the end Smile ... and what this will cost Smile I think it will be a very pricy thing.

The positive effect of eating basic meals with cheese in it is the rise of your 'luck'.

Definitive Cheese Making Guide - added 4/02/2012

What you need:
A cheese curdle - (see The forgery for how to make and costs)
Milk - from cows (see ranch - cow)
Stamina - 500 less decreasing amount due to skill increase (see skills increase section here).

Milk to cheese ratio:
For every level of your cheese curdle, the requirements of milk increase and the gains in cheese increase.

Cheap Curdle = 30 milk/3 = 10 cheese
Normal Curdle = 33/3 = 11
Advanced Curdle = 36/3 = 12
Mastser Curdle = 39/3 = 13
Grand Master = 42/3 = 14
Grail Master = 45/3 = 15

For every 20% skill level increase you have the chance of getting an extra cheese per level.

Skills increase:
to be added

How the proccess works:
1. First you must equip your cheese curdle, warning: once equipped you cannot un-equip
2. Pour in your milk - you will find this in your home, in the same section where you make meals.
3. Use 500 stamina to churn your cheese - however, even your first batch will cost less stamina than this (see skills increase section).
4. You will need to wait 7 days once your cheese in churned for your cheese to mature, unless you use a cheese potion (see guide on herb gathering and alchemy - post 2).
5. Once your cheese is matured you can sell it on the market, or turn it into meals to eat or sell.

Benefits of eating a cheese meal:
You gain .02 in your luck skill for each cheese eaten.

How to work out the costs of selling your cheese:
1. Cost of curdle devided by amount of cheese (as a guide: you use/will use your cheese curdle 10x so: cheap curdle x 10 x 10 cheese per time = 100 cheese):
2. Cost of each item produced from the cow: Cost per milk (considering there are 103 items produced by the cow: 92 milk, 8 meat and 3 hides): add 2a to 2d together)/103 items =
2a. Cost of cow
2.b Stamina used milking your cow (20 stamina x 23 milking devided by the amount of milk gained per cow 92: (20 x 23): 460 stamina x .005 bronze =
2c. cost of stamina to slaughter = **stamina x .005 bronze =
2d. Cost of knife durability = cost of knife devided by total durability points =
3. Stamina used to churn your cheese: *** stamina x .005 bronze =
4. Cost of potion: =

Piece of Cheese costs: adding steps 1 to 4 together and deviding by amount of cheese made.

How to work out the cost of selling your cheese meal:
Stamina used x cost of cheese.

***There is an alternative way to work out the per milk price in the cow guide.

Back to top Go down

A guide in making cheese and setting price... Empty Re: A guide in making cheese and setting price...

Post by Baron von Glasenapp Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:09 pm

I made cheese already and i can tell you that you'll get 10 cheese in the end. And the only thing you can do with is catch some mice.

(And eat it of course)
Baron von Glasenapp
Baron von Glasenapp
Seeker

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Back to top Go down

A guide in making cheese and setting price... Empty Re: A guide in making cheese and setting price...

Post by Guest Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:55 pm

Ok, thank you...I'll do some math, correct me if I'm wrong:

30 / 4 = 7,5

That how many times you need to milk your cow before you have sufficiant milk.

7,5 x 20 = 150

That's how many stamina it costs you to milk cows.

4 x 100 = 400

That's how many stamina it costs you to produce milk.

In total you need 550 stamina to gain 10 pieces of cheese.

So a piece of cheese should (in my honest opinion) cost about 55 bronze a piece.

I don't calculate the costprices of the curdle, as that is an item that won't go to waste and will remain forever in you inventory. It's like a level up :-) before you can make milk.

Ofcourse the price of the cow is not inlcuded also, but so isn't the reduced cost of stamina, as with increased milking skill and cheese making skill you'll need less stamina.

So, as market overseer I will start buying cheese at 55 bronze, until further notice of studies. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:26 am

This looks good to me Smile

Like you said before, your Cheesemaking Skill will make de difference between profit and loss. If you sell the cheese for 55bronze, nobody will loose money I think. However the more specialized you are in making cheese, the more profit you will do with the price of 55bronze.
Not only will it cost less stamina to make the cheese, you also will gain more cheese! Smile
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2995
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:41 pm

Offcourse then if there is an overproduction, prices will drop again.

Consequence: only the professional cheesemakers will remain, making cheese, as for apprentices there will be no money in it. In return the mass will get cheaper cheese.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHeirtotheThrone Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:37 pm

Is this still current?
TheHeirtotheThrone
TheHeirtotheThrone
Seeker

Number of posts : 729
Registration date : 2010-09-18

https://thegraillords.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:53 pm

I'd like to know too. I don't fully understand the process but I figure I'll have to start making cheese myself as I very rarely see it on the market.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:01 pm

I made a Normal Cheese Curdle, I will sell it for 35 Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:33 pm

The progress bar should show how much stamina is already used and how much left (it just shows the bar without numbers)

And its still actual,you get 10 cheese and can make them into food for 8 stamina then or sell them (dont know if you can eat them directly,didnt show me in my table before i made a "my meal" )

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:11 pm

i make cheese, but i eat it all Smile
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Number of posts : 1157
Registration date : 2009-11-13

http://NNGO.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:01 pm

We all know you bath in cheese Anto. I was hoping that with you gone, I could at least get my hands on some but alas... So what is the benfit of a higher quality cheese curdle? More cheese? Since the durability won't matter if they don't break. Cause they don't break, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:39 am

Official Smurfmaster of Spero

affraid wait....we are all smurfs??? I wish you had of told me...green and red doesnt do well with blue... Sad

Totally unrelated to topic though...but I just saw it! :lol!:

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:04 am

Smile

normal cheese curdle holds 33 milk which makes 11 cheese with my non existent skills.
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:57 am

cool to know Very Happy

cheap cheese curdle= 30 milk= 10 cheese
Normal cheese curdle=30 milk=11 cheese

So the others are all 1 cheese more then the lower quality one?(without skill)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:34 pm

When is the best time to use a Cheese Potion? I ruined my first batch of cheese by drinking a potion too early.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:42 am

You can ruin cheese?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:06 pm

Only if you use a Cheese Potion, you have a chance that your cheese gets ruined. The moment of drinking the potion has no effect on the chance.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:11 pm

Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:38 am

Chance of failure depends on the quality of the potion you used. The higher the quality, the smaller your chance. Also your luck takes its role, like in many things.

But, if the potion works, your cheese might be done in just a day Smile Also depending on the quality of potion you use.
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:55 pm

Sooo...this means that if I drink a cheese potion, it wont cost me 500 stamina to make cheese?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:24 pm

No not correct.
It means your riping process get totally or partially skipped.

You just should try it out once Wink

Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:27 am

07th of November 2010 11:27 : You have used a Cheese Potion and your Cheese has ripened much faster then the natural way!

nice Very Happy
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:32 am

Wow, I've been wanting to make cheese. It's been hard enough trying to make a curdle though, and cheesemaking will definitely not be enough to feed me. Can you get multiple batches of cheese going at once?

So a cow is good for only 2.5 batches of cheese. A cow costs 5 silver. that means you have 2 silver more o expenses for each batch of cheese you make. Also, if a curdle costs 35 silver, then I would DEFINITELY take that into account. I'm sitting here counting my bronze, I'm not a rich senior citizen type, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:51 am

curdle cost half that. also, they last forever.

each cow gives you 13 X 4 milk = 52 milk

3 milk = cheese = 17 cheese + 1 milk left over per cow (plus leather)
anto_capone
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:21 am

You can milk you cow every 3 days. Works out to be 23 Milking sessions..Im going to have to make an actual record because 3 doesnt work into 70.

23 x 4 = 93 milk...so roughly you can have 3 batches of cheese per cow.

3 milk = cheese = 31 cheese + leather.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next